- By Claire Cameron
- Nov 2, 2019
Return to the topics list at any time by clicking Index on the left hand menu.
American Chronic Pain Association | https://www.theacpa.org
Peer support and education in pain management skills to people with pain, family and friends, and health care professionals.
- Ability Chart: Ability Chart
- Cluster Headache Log: Cluster Headache Log
- Daily Activity Checklist: Daily Activity Checklist
- Fibromyalgia Handbook: ACPA Fibromyalgia Handbook
- Fibro Log: Fibro Log - American Chronic Pain Association
- Follow-Up from Your Visit: Follow-Up from Your Visit
- Med Card: Med Card - American Chronic Pain Association
- Migraine Log: Migraine Log
- OIC (Opioid Induced Constipation) Log: OIC Log
- OTC (Over-the-Counter) Awareness Guide: OTC Awareness Guide
- Pain Log: Pain Log
- Practice Guidelines for Low Back Pain: Consumer Guidelines for Low Back Pain
- Prepare for your Visit: Prepare for your Visit
- Quality of Life Scale: A Measure Of Function For People With Pain
- Resource Guide: ACPA Resource Guide
Pacing and Planning
- - Pain Management, Australian Department of Health and University of Western Australia | https://painhealth.csse.uwa.edu.au/pain-module/pacing-and-goal-setting
- - Pacing and Chronic Pain, London Pain Clinic | https://www.londonpainclinic.com/resources/pacing-and-chronic-pain
- - Pacing: how to manage your pain and stay active, Oxford University Hospital | https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/11850Ppacing.pdf (PDF)
The Pain Toolkit | https://www.paintoolkit.org
A pain self-management resource based on the Pain Toolkit, a simple information booklet by Pete Moore.
Butler, D., Moseley, G. (2013) Explain Pain. Noigroup Publications.
Darnall, B. (2014). Less Pain, Fewer Pills: Avoid the Dangers of Prescription Opioids and Gain Control Over Chronic Pain. Boulder, CO: Bull Publishing Company.
LeFort, S. M., Webster, L., Lorig, K., Holman, H., Sobel, D. S., Laurent, D., … Minor, M. A. (2021). Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, 2nd Edition. Boulder, CO: Bull Publishing Company.
Understanding pain & what to do about it in less than 5 minutes | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLWntMDgFcs&t=129s
- Joint Pain Education Project video from the Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management (DVCIPM) to learn more about chronic pain management.
Video Library - American Chronic Pain Association (theacpa.org)
- This link leads you to the video library which contains videos about pain conditions and treatments, as well as communication and education. There are also 2 series titled Pathways Through Pain and Family Matters.
- Pathways Through Pain videos: Video Library - American Chronic Pain Association (theacpa.org)
- Family Matters videos: Video Library - American Chronic Pain Association (theacpa.org)
Pacing: Your Superpower Against Chronic Pain | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTG5noUOek (YouTube)
- - An amazing 14- year-old girl with chronic pain talks about pacing
American Chronic Pain Association
- - Communication / Education videos https://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/videos/communicationeducation/
- - Conditions / Treatments videos https://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/videos/conditionstreatments/
- - Support videos https://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/videos/support/