Return to the topics list at any time by clicking Index on the left hand menu.
American Chronic Pain Association | https://www.theacpa.org
Peer support and education in pain management skills to people with pain, family and friends, and health care professionals.
- - Ability Chart http://www.theacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ACPA-AbilityChart.pdf
- - Back Pain Map http://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/communication-tools/tracking-tools/back-pain-map/
- - Head Pain Map http://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/communication-tools/tracking-tools/head-pain-map/
- - Migraine Log http://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/communication-tools/tracking-tools/migraine-log/
- - Pain Log http://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/communication-tools/tracking-tools/pain-log/
- - Pharmacist CARE Program https://www.theacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/CARE-card-complete-2011-2018.pdf
- - Quality of Life Scale: A Measure Of Function For People With Pain http://www.theacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Life_Scale_3.pdf
Pacing and Planning
- - Pain Management, Australian Department of Health and University of Western Australia | https://painhealth.csse.uwa.edu.au/pain-module/pacing-and-goal-setting
- - Pacing and Chronic Pain, London Pain Clinic | https://www.londonpainclinic.com/resources/pacing-and-chronic-pain
- - Pacing Activity, Australian Pain Management Association | https://www.painmanagement.org.au/.../2014-09-11-13-36-47/166-pacing.html
- - Pacing: how to manage your pain and stay active, Oxford University Hospital | https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/11850Ppacing.pdf (PDF)
The Pain Toolkit | https://www.paintoolkit.org
A pain self-management resource based on the Pain Toolkit, a simple information booklet by Pete Moore.
Butler, D., Moseley, G. (2013) Explain Pain. Noigroup Publications.
Darnall, B. (2014). Less Pain, Fewer Pills: Avoid the Dangers of Prescription Opioids and Gain Control Over Chronic Pain. Boulder, CO: Bull Publishing Company.
LeFort, S. M., Webster, L., Lorig, K., Holman, H., Sobel, D. S., Laurent, D., … Minor, M. A. (2015). Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain. Boulder, CO: Bull Publishing Company.
Pacing: Your Superpower Against Chronic Pain | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTG5noUOek (YouTube)
- - An amazing 14- year- old girl with chronic pain talks about pacing
American Chronic Pain Association
- - Communication / Education videos https://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/videos/communicationeducation/
- - Conditions / Treatments videos https://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/videos/conditionstreatments/
- - Support videos https://www.theacpa.org/pain-management-tools/videos/support/