Return to the topics list at any time by clicking Index on the left hand menu.
American Heart Association | https://www.heart.org
Nonprofit organization offering healthy living tips and information about different heart related health topics, caregiver support and community forums.
- Arrhythmia https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/arrhythmia/about-arrhythmia
- Heart Failure https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/heart-failure/what-is-heart-failure
- Peripheral Artery Disease https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/peripheral-artery-disease/about-peripheral-artery-disease-pad
American Stroke Association | https://www.strokeassociation.org/en
A division of the American Heart Association providing information about stroke and life after stroke, along with financial resources, support networks and more.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Kaiser Permanente: Take Prevention to Heart | https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/!ut/p/a0/DcdBCsAgDATAF8nee-srWnNbJKhgokjo--tlYCB4Ic6vV0afznGei3rovppyRzqOaHggkLVZjcg-U2FpimV2_9KWcfA!/
- Heart Disease in Women: Understanding symptoms and risk factors https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/in-depth/heart-disease/art-20046167
- Heart Failure https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-failure/symptoms-causes/syc-20373142
- Stroke https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/stroke/symptoms-causes/syc-20350113
- Arrhythmia https://medlineplus.gov/arrhythmia.html
- Blood, Heart and Circulation https://medlineplus.gov/bloodheartandcirculation.html
- Coronary Artery Disease https://medlineplus.gov/coronaryarterydisease.html
- Heart Diseases https://medlineplus.gov/heartdiseases.html
- Heart Disease in Women https://medlineplus.gov/heartdiseaseinwomen.html
- Heart Failure https://medlineplus.gov/heartfailure.html
- Peripheral Artery Disease https://medlineplus.gov/peripheralarterialdisease.html
- Stroke https://medlineplus.gov/stroke.html
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) https://medlineplus.gov/transientischemicattack.html
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute | https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute plans, conducts, and supports research, clinical trials, and observational studies related to the causes, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of heart, blood vessel, lung, and blood diseases, and sleep disorders.
- Arrhythmia https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/arrhythmia
- Heart Failure https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/heart-failure
- Ischemic Heart Disease https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/ischemic-heart-disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/peripheral-artery-disease
- Stroke https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/stroke
Office on Women’s Health: Heart Disease and women https://www.womenshealth.gov/heart-disease-and-stroke/heart-disease/heart-disease-and-women
- Coronary Artery Disease https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-coronary-artery-disease#1
- Heart Disease Health Center https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/default.htm
- Stroke Health Center https://www.webmd.com/stroke/default.htm
WomenHeart | http://www.womenheart.org/
The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease. Website offers information about preventing, diagnosing and treating heart disease, help to find a support network and blog.
Cohen, Barry. Coronary Heart Disease: From Diagnosis to Treatment 2019.
Heller, Maria. The DASH Diet Action Plan: Proven to Lower Blood Pressure and Cholesterol without Medication. 2014.
Ornish, Dean and Anne Ornish. Undo It!: How Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Reverse Most Chronic Diseases. Ballantine, 2019.
Rippe, James M. Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease for Dummies. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley, 2015.
Taylor, Jill Bolte. My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist’s Personal Journey. New York: Viking, 2009.