Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, 2nd Edition | Audiobook (MP3)
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- Online prices include 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: June 4 - June 8
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
For CDSMP participants - Buy multiple copies for classroom distribution
Do you or participants not have a CD drive but still want to use the audiobook edition of Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, 2nd Edition?
We now offer codes that can be bought in bulk. They give access to participants to listen online or download an audio file.
Here's how it works:
When you purchase bulk codes, you receive a spreadsheet with one code per participant. Each line of the spreadsheet has a unique URL code. Each participant needs one code to redeem the audio, which the participant can either stream online or download as MP3 files.
Our standard discounts for bulk book purchases also apply to our bulk codes for audiobooks and recordings.
- Place your order for the number of codes you need. You need to purchase one for each participant.
- Once your payment goes through, you will receive an email with a spreadsheet file (.CSV) that includes a URL and code for each participant
- You then send each participant their unique URL code, codes are valid for one year after activation
- The audio can be streamed online or downloaded and transferred to play on a smartphone or computer or another device. Once they access the URL using their unique code, the participant simply presses play to stream the audio. They also have the option to download an MP3 file for offline listening.
- From this URL, the participant can simply press play to stream the audio online or download an MP3 file
- Instructions for participants are included with the email and on the URL page, when they access with their code
About Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, 2nd Edition
Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain has helped over 90,000 individuals manage their pain and strive to live satisfying, fulfilling lives.
In the new second edition, the authors have carefully developed and improved every chapter. Packed with useful advice, tips, strategies, and positive reinforcement, the book empowers readers to become their own informed pain self-managers. Each person with chronic pain is unique and the goal of this book is to help each person manage their lives in the way that works best for them.
The new edition includes:
* An updated and scientifically sound discussion of pain in Chapter 1 that gives readers the information they need to best manage their personal pain.
* An updated resources chapter with a useful emphasis on how to find and judge online resources.
* New more in-depth coverage of mental health issues related to pain, including depression, anger, fear, guilt, stress, and memory problems.
* An all-new chapter, Organizing and Pacing Your Life for Pain Self-Management and Safety that includes thorough, well-illustrated information on using assistive technology.
* Completely rewritten exercise chapters with clearer illustrations to help readers build their own exercise program, step-by-step. This chapter also discusses taking advantage of exercise opportunities in the community.
* An updated communication chapter to assist readers as they navigate through the health care system, featuring helpful tips on remote communication as well as in-person visits.
* Another all-new chapter, Managing Pain During Employment and Unemployment, sensitively addresses the issues connected with experiencing pain in the workplace.
* Two completely updated chapters on weight management and nutrition that discuss the relationship between pain and nutrition and reflect current government standards and the most recent research.
The Moving Easy Program audio is included with the book on CD or to stream online.
Comes with a complete list of suggested further readings, useful websites, and other helpful resources organized by topic.
|Author||Sandra LeFort, RN, PhD, Kate Lorig, DrPH, Diana Laurent, Virginia González, MPH, David Sobel, MD, MPH, Marian Minor, PT, PhD, Francis Keefe, PhD, Maureen Gecht-Silver, OTD, MPH, OTR/L|
|Table of Contents||
Chapter 1 – Chronic Pain Self-Management: What It Is and How To Do It
Chapter 2 – Becoming an Active Self-Manager
Chapter 3 – Finding Resources
Chapter 4 – Understanding and Managing Common Symptoms and Problems
Chapter 5 – Using Your Mind to Manage Pain and Other Symptoms
Chapter 6 – Organizing and Pacing Your Life for Pain Self-Management and Safety
Chapter 7 – Exercising and Physical Activity for Every Body
Chapter 8 – Exercising to Feel Better
Chapter 9 – Healthy Eating and Pain Self-Management
Chapter 10 – Healthy Weight and Pain Self-Management
Chapter 11 – Communicating with Family, Friends, and Health Care Providers
Chapter 12 – Managing Pain During Employment and Unemployment
Chapter 13 – Enjoying Sex and Intimacy
Chapter 14 – Managing Your Treatment Decisions and Medications
Chapter 15 – Understanding Medications and Other Treatments for Chronic Pain
Chapter 16 – Managing Specific Chronic Pain Conditions: Arthritis, Neck and Back Pain, Fibromyalgia, Headache, Pelvic Pain, and Neuropathic Pain Syndromes
Chapter 17 – Planning for the Future: Fears and Reality
The Moving Easy Program audio is included with the book