Vivir una vida sana con dolor crónico
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- Online prices include 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: March 11 - March 15
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
Spanish Translation of Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain
A culturally sensitive translation designed to help you manage your pain so that you can get on with living a satisfying, fulfilling life. Chronic pain includes many types of conditions from a variety of causes.
Despite these differences, all readers of this book have one very important thing in common — you are living with pain every day.
To help you discover strategies and skills that will make a difference, this book emphasizes four concepts:
1. Each person with chronic pain is unique. There is no one treatment or approach that is right for everybody.
2. There are a number of things you can do to feel better. These things will not eliminate pain, but they will help you to better manage pain, and help you to become more active and more involved in life.
3. With knowledge and experimentation, you are the best judge of which self-management tools and techniques are best for you.
4. The responsibility for managing your chronic pain day-to-day rests with you, not anybody else. Many people can be of help to you — your family and friends, your health care team. But, in the end, the responsibility for self-management is yours.
Acknowledging that overcoming chronic pain is a daily challenge, this book provides you with the self-management tools to help you meet that challenge.
Moving Easy Program
The print book includes a Moving Easy Program CD, a set of easy-to-follow exercises that can be performed at home.
If you order an eBook, download your FREE copy of the Moving Easy MP3. Click on the "Downloads" tab above to access it.
For CDSMP programs - You can buy multiple eBooks for classroom distribution
We now offer codes for access to ebooks that can be bought in bulk. When you purchase bulk codes, you receive a spreadsheet with one code per participant. Each line of the spreadsheet has a unique URL code. Each participant needs one code to redeem the ebook and audio.
Our standard discounts for bulk book purchases also apply to our bulk codes for ebooks, audiobooks, and recordings.
Instructions for Administrators
- On this page, place your order for the number of eBook codes you need by selecting the number above. Purchase one for each participant.
- Once your payment goes through, you will receive an email with a spreadsheet file (.CSV) that includes a URL and code for each participant.
- You then send each participant their unique URL code. Codes are valid for one year after activation.
- Once the participant accesses the URL using their unique code, they simply click a link to download the PDF file (we offer a link to free software if needed).
- Instructions for participants are included with the email and on the URL page, when they access with their code. The ebook is a PDF file. Most devices come with a default program to open PDF files.
“A much-needed clear and comprehensive resource to gain a better understanding of chronic pain and how self-management helps address and improve the physical and emotional experience.”
— Patrick McGowan, PhD, University of Victoria
"Living with chronic pain is extremely difficult. This book encourages those living with chronic pain to choose to live a happy and satisfying life in spite of their struggles, and it provides a roadmap to achieve this goal!"
— Barbara Zarnikow, Board Co-Chair, Interstitial Cystitis Association
"I highly recommend this succinct, readable and extremely useful and informative book for clinicians and people with chronic pain. Of the many books on this topic, this one uniquely provides useful information for the reader to better manage chronic pain."
— Steven D. Feinberg, MD, Feinberg Medical Group, past president of the American Academy of Pain Medicine
"I see it as not only a teaching tool, but a life-long resource for those with chronic pain.”
— Sherri King, Coordinator, nutrition and wellness programs, Services to the Aging
|Sandra LeFort, MN, PhD, Lisa Webster, RN, Kate Lorig, DrPH, Halsted Holman, MD, David Sobel, MPH, MD, Diana Laurent, MPH, Virginia González, MPH, Marian Minor, PT, PhD
|Sep 28, 2016
|Table of Contents
1 Overview of Self-Management and Pain