Ostomy Book, 3rd Edition
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- Online prices include 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: June 25 - June 29
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
Winner of the Medical SelfCare Book Award
This third edition of The Ostomy Book brings the award-winning classic up to date for the person who has or will have a colostomy, ileostomy or urinary diversion (urostomy), either permanent or temporary, as well as for family, friends and health professionals. Written by a mother and her daughter, the book serves as a complete but easy-to-read handbook about ostomy surgeries, ostomy care and the good life possible with an ostomy. Just as importantly, it presents a beautifully-told story of the entire experience from the first shock of diagnosis through rehabilitation and beyond.
New information in this edition includes:
- Updates on surgical procedures, including alternative procedures such as J-pouches and neobladders
- What''s new in ostomy care and living with an ostomy, from pouches to eating well to travel, from sex to exercise to insurance, and plenty more
- Changes in the organizations that support people with ostomies
- Current resources, with website addresses
“It combines in a most admirable way, factual information with sensitivity…For anyone about to undergo ostomy surgery or in the immediate post-operative period and for their families, this book should be compulsory reading…For those with professional involvement in the care of ostomates, this book will have equal appeal…I recommend it unreservedly…”
—J.R. Kirkpatrick, MD, Member Professional Advisory Boards, United Ostomy Association, International Ostomy Association
|Author||Barbara Dorr Mullen, Kerry Anne McGinn, R.N., B.S.N., O.C.N.|
|Published On||May 31, 2008|
|Table of Contents||
Chapter 1 - I''m Going to Have a What?