Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, 2nd Edition eBook
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- Online prices include 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: December 9 - December 13
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
For CDSMP participants - Buy codes in bulk for access to eBooks
Do you want to buy multiple copies of an ebook for participants?
We now offer codes for access to ebooks that can be bought in bulk. When you purchase bulk codes, you receive a spreadsheet with one code per participant. Each line of the spreadsheet has a unique URL code. Each participant needs one code to redeem the ebook and audio.
Our standard discounts for bulk book purchases also apply to our bulk codes for ebooks, audiobooks, and recordings.
Instructions for Administrators
- On this page, place your order for the number of codes you need. You need to purchase one for each participant.
- Once your payment goes through, you will receive an email with a spreadsheet file (.CSV) that includes a URL and code for each participant.
- You then send each participant their unique URL code. Codes are valid for one year after activation.
- Once the participant accesses the URL using their unique code, they simply click a link to download the PDF file (we offer a link to free software if needed). They can also play the Moving Easy audio program online.
- Instructions for participants are included with the email and on the URL page, when they access with their code. The ebook is a PDF file. Most devices come with a default program to open PDF files.
About the Book
Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain has helped over 90,000 individuals manage their pain and strive to live satisfying, fulfilling lives.
In the new second edition, the authors have carefully developed and improved every chapter. Packed with useful advice, tips, strategies, and positive reinforcement, the book empowers readers to become their own informed pain self-managers. Each person with chronic pain is unique and the goal of this book is to help each person manage their lives in the way that works best for them.
The new edition includes:
* An updated and scientifically sound discussion of pain in Chapter 1 that gives readers the information they need to best manage their personal pain.
* An updated resources chapter with a useful emphasis on how to find and judge online resources.
* New more in-depth coverage of mental health issues related to pain, including depression, anger, fear, guilt, stress, and memory problems.
* An all-new chapter, Organizing and Pacing Your Life for Pain Self-Management and Safety that includes thorough, well-illustrated information on using assistive technology.
* Completely rewritten exercise chapters with clearer illustrations to help readers build their own exercise program, step-by-step. This chapter also discusses taking advantage of exercise opportunities in the community.
* An updated communication chapter to assist readers as they navigate through the health care system, featuring helpful tips on remote communication as well as in-person visits.
* Another all-new chapter, Managing Pain During Employment and Unemployment, sensitively addresses the issues connected with experiencing pain in the workplace.
* Two completely updated chapters on weight management and nutrition that discuss the relationship between pain and nutrition and reflect current government standards and the most recent research.
|Author||Sandra LeFort, RN, PhD, Kate Lorig, DrPH, Diana Laurent, Virginia González, MPH, David Sobel, MD, MPH, Marian Minor, PT, PhD, Francis Keefe, PhD, Maureen Gecht-Silver, OTD, MPH, OTR/L|
|My Action Plan (page 41)||94.9 KB||Download|
|Table 10.3 Factors Affecting the Decision to Change Your Weight Now||213.3 KB||Download|
|Figure 11.1 Your Pain Profile||190.9 KB||Download|
|Figure 12.1 Time Management Worksheet||179.9 KB||Download|