Fueling the Teen Machine, 2nd Edition
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- Online prices include 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: October 4 - October 8
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
How do you make your teenager eat and exercise to be healthy?
Answer: You can’t.
That’s why two registered dietitians wrote Fueling the Teen Machine, 2nd Edition. Friends, parents, teachers, websites, and doctors can offer ideas, but it really comes down to teens themselves to gain their own understanding about foods, diet, vitamins, and exercise as they grow into adulthood.
This book is the ultimate guide to navigating the world of nutrition and health and figuring out how to keep teen bodies healthy, strong, and happy.
Now updated to include:
• Contains valuable information and talk directly to your teenager in a conversational tone
• Health basics covered in easy-to-use tables and lists
• Recommendations getting the most of out apps on smart phones
• Suggestions for online tools like the nutrition websites
• User-friendly reviews of health-related terms and definitions
• Coverage of weight management, sports nutrition, eating disorders, vegetarianism, fast foods
“I suggest that you unobtrusively place a copy of this book on your teen’s nightstand.”
– Susan Heim, On Parenting
Featured in The Chicago Tribune, “Skipping meals, more snacking–but less eating out: Family eating survey is a mixed bag,” by Wendy Donahue.
|Author||Ellen Shanley, M.B.A., R.D., C.D.-N., Colleen Thompson, M.S., R.D.|
|Published On||Sep 30, 2010|
|Table of Contents||
Chapter 1 – The Basics