Building Better Caregivers
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- Online prices include 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: December 9 - December 13
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
CAREGIVING IS STRESSFUL.
Taking on the role of the caregiver is often not part of our life plan, but today more than 40 million adults in the U.S. find ourselves responsible for the care of a family member or friend.
Building Better Caregivers, developed by the author team who wrote the international bestseller Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, features the best practices and most recent research and expertise in the field of caregiving. Based on research-proven self-management practices, which were developed in studies conducted at the Stanford University School of Medicine, this book shares the crucial information and skills that the authors have learned from thousands of people just like you–people who care for a family member or friend on a regular basis.
With a focus on reducing stress through the use of practical skills and tools, Building Better Caregivers helps you manage your caregiving tasks so you can maintain a happy, fulfilling life for you and your care partner.
IMPORTANT TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Improving caregiver stress
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- Addressing difficult care partner behaviors
- Keeping you and your care partner safe and avoiding injury and accidents
- Decision-making about treatment, housing, and outside help
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Exercising for caregiver and care partner safety, strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Maintaining healthy nutrition habits
- Navigating legal issues related to caregiving
For CDSMP programs - You can buy multiple eBooks for classroom distribution
We now offer codes for access to ebooks that can be bought in bulk. When you purchase bulk codes, you receive a spreadsheet with one code per participant. Each line of the spreadsheet has a unique URL code. Each participant needs one code to redeem the ebook and audio.
Our standard discounts for bulk book purchases also apply to our bulk codes for ebooks, audiobooks, and recordings.
Instructions for Administrators
- On this page, place your order for the number of eBook codes you need by selecting the number above. Purchase one for each participant.
- Once your payment goes through, you will receive an email with a spreadsheet file (.CSV) that includes a URL and code for each participant.
- You then send each participant their unique URL code. Codes are valid for one year after activation.
- Once the participant accesses the URL using their unique code, they simply click a link to download the PDF file (we offer a link to free software if needed).
- Instructions for participants are included with the email and on the URL page, when they access with their code. The ebook is a PDF file. Most devices come with a default program to open PDF files.
|Author||Kate Lorig, DrPH, Diana Laurent, MPH, Robert Schreiber, MD, Maureen Gecht-Silver, OTD. MPH, OTR/L Dolores Gallagher Thompson, PhD, ABPP Marian Minor, RPT, PhD Virginia González, MPH David Sobel, MD, MPH Danbi Lee, PhD, OTD, OTR/L|
|Published On||Jun 19, 2018|
|Table of Contents||
Chapter 1 - Introduction: A Blueprint for Better Caregiving
Chapter 2 - Becoming a Better Caregiver: The Basics
Chapter 3 - Dealing with Stress and Difficult Care Partner Behavior
Chapter 4 - Dealing with Difficult Emotions
Chapter 5 - Using Your Mind to Manage Stress
Chapter 6 - Communicating Effectively
Chapter 7 - Getting Help
Chapter 8 - Preventing Injuries
Chapter 9 - Exercising for Health and Wellness
Chapter 10 - Healthy Eating
Chapter 11 - Understanding Your Care Partner’s Illness
Chapter 12 - Managing Medication
Chapter 13 - Making Treatment Decisions
Chapter 14 - Planning for the Future: Fears and Reality