Habits Not Diets, 4th Edition
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- 1 - 49 items: 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: March 28 - April 1
eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
Over 100,000 copies sold
As fad diets come and go and frustration over regaining lost weight continues, people will increasingly turn to behavior modification-based programs like this.
When the first edition of Habits Not Diets appeared in 1976, Dr. James Ferguson''s step-by-step program for lifetime weight control was way ahead of its time. Americans spend over $30 billion a year trying to lose weight, and ironically the trend America is facing is higher rates of obesity in every age group, including children.
Dr. Ferguson''s easy-to-follow weight-loss workbook shows people how to focus on behavior change, emphasizing how to eat rather than what to eat. The Fourth edition also deals with the vast array of new drugs on the market and what''s good and bad about them.
Step by step the authors show how to:
- Keep a Food Diary
- Take a more active approach to daily life
- Differentiate between psychological and physiological hunger
- Identify the thoughts and feelings that trigger the desire for food
- Reduce reflex response to external food stimuli
- Maintain weight loss through self-observation
“As good a book as you’re likely to discover on the subject…Inspiring.”
|Author||James M. Ferguson, M.D., Cassandra Ferguson|
|Published On||Aug 31, 2003|
|Table of Contents||
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Habit Awareness