Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition (Audiobook: CD and MP3)
Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions: Self-Management of Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Depression, Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema and Other Physical and Mental Health Conditions
Quantity discounts (excludes digital products):
- 1 - 49 items: 20% discount
- 50 - 199 items: 30% discount
- 200 - 499 items: 35% discount
- 500+ items: 40% discount
Estimated delivery date: April 07 – April 09 eBooks and MP3 Audio files are available for download on purchase. Questions?
Listen to a sample:
Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions is a proven self-management guide. People with chronic health conditions live most of their lives outside of hospitals and clinics. This audiobook is designed to help them learn the information and skills to manage chronic conditions on a daily basis while doing the things they need and want to do.
This new edition is fully updated with the latest research and information. It is a vital resource full of practical tips, suggestions, and strategies to build confidence in managing chronic illness and symptoms, such as fatigue, pain, shortness of breath, disability, and depression.
Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions has helped hundreds of thousands of people with chronic illness gain their greatest possible physical potential and to once again get pleasure from life. Its simple goal is to help anyone with a chronic illness to live a productive, healthy life.
"We are fortunate to have such a valuable
resource to provide to workshop participants as they travel on the path
to better health."
—National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
“A remarkable resource for anyone with any chronic health problem.”
—American Lung Association
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Self-Management
2. Becoming an Active Self-Manager
3. Finding Resources
4. Understanding and Managing Common Symptoms
5. Using Your Mind to Manage Symptoms
6. Exercise and Physical Activity for Every Body
7. Exercise for Flexibility, Strength and Balance: Making Life Easier
8. Exercising for Endurance: Aerobic Activities
9. Communication with Family, Friends and Health Care Professionals
10. Sex and Intimacy
11. Healthy Eating
12. Healthy Weight Management
13. Managing Your Medicines
14. Making Treatment Decisions
15. Managing Chronic Lung Disease
16. Managing Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure
17. Managing Arthritis
18. Managing Diabetes
19. Planning for the Future: Fears and Reality
About the Author
Kate Lorig, DrPH, is director and professor emeritus at Stanford
University School of Medicine’s Patient Education Research Center.
Halsted Holman, MD, is professor emeritus at Stanford University School of Medicine.
David Sobel, MD, MPH, was director of patient education and health promotion, The Permanente Medical Group, Northern California.
Diana Laurent, MPH, is a chronic disease health educator at Stanford Patient Education Research Center.
Virginia González, MPH, is a chronic disease health educator and consultant to Stanford Patient Education Research Center.
Marian Minor, PT, PhD, is professor emerita at the University of Missouri, Department of Physical Therapy.